Equifax SAFESCAN® (Identity Theft Protection Scan)
A Cost-Effective Identity Theft Protection Solution
Identity theft is one of the fastest growing white-collar crimes in the nation, forcing businesses to find solutions that will both streamline and automate their fraud detection and identity verification processes. SAFESCAN (Identity Scan) from Equifax is an identity theft protection tool that compares consumer-provided information against a separate nationwide database and alerts you to questionable or potentially suspicious information. Automatically monitoring each inquiry, SAFESCAN (Identity Scan) conducts a comprehensive Social Security number and address search.
Here’s how SAFESCAN (Identity Scan) reduces application fraud:
- Highlights fraudulent or potentially fraudulent information.
- Identifies when a Social Security number has never been issued by the Social Security Administration, has previously been misused or was reported as belonging to a deceased person.
- Warns when an applicant’s address has been misused in the past or is associated with two or more names or Social Security numbers.
- Warns about nonresidential addresses and phone numbers, such as prisons, the U.S. Postal Service, check cashing facilities and telephone answering services.
- Flags applications that should be examined more closely to verify address or Social Security number.
SAFESCAN (Identity Scan) enables you to easily implement a cost-effective solution into your current process, and it provides fraud protection that practically pays for itself – even if it stops just one fraud loss out of thousands of applicants.
Here you can find additional industry and Credit Plus news. Just click below for easy access to our many educational tools including brochures, flyers, white papers, videos, webinar recordings, etc. – and past and present news vehicles such as press releases and other media coverage.